OFHS Actors Know How “A Game” Is Played

Mackenzie Evans, Staff Writer

On Thursday, January 4, 2021, the Oak Forest Drama Group did something never seen before. . . it performed a school play virtually.

This play, entitled “A Game,” was filmed, directed, and broadcasted all through the marvels of 21st-century technology. It consisted of five students: two freshmen, one sophomore, and two juniors, who spent their limited time to bond and connect well enough online to make this play magical.

Although the circumstances this past year were unexpected, the students managed to put on a memorable performance for everyone who watched. The talent these students have is unimaginable, and their passion for acting is obvious.

The energy that they were able to create allowed for this performance to flourish. “A Game” is centered around four people “competing” or participating in the Doctor’s experiment, which turns the participants from sane people into super-defensive participants eager to win.

It’s difficult to portray the intense emotions on screen, but these young actors did it flawlessly. There was suspense, there was tension, and above all there was emotion. At times, it was difficult to know what these actors’ next move would be, but it kept viewers on the edge of their seats.

The end of this one-act play had me wishing that there was more. If you missed it, the next one-act performance, “The Lottery,” will be available soon, so be sure to check it out.